“The Gospel of Simon Magus” Universe
(and why you want to be a part of it)
As an actor, director, producer, television executive, book publisher, someone who works on graphic novels, or any other professional in the entertainment business, you are bombarded daily with “the next great idea” or “sure fire concept”. Some of them may even be great, but are they profitable? Do they have the mainstream appeal that is going to reap not only large profits, but are capable of launching multiple spin-offs and merchandising opportunities?
“The Gospel of Simon Magus” (“TGoSM”) was crafted to capitalize on each of those desirable markets. Without doubt the screenplay’s first job was to weave a spellbinding tale about an immortal sorcerer seeking to be reunited with his one true love in Heaven by hunting down his former disciples over the centuries. Simon’s quest for revenge and redemption resonates with many demographics:
* Males are drawn in by the shotgun and sword wielding protagonist who duels with supernatural creatures while interacting with ravishing beauties.
* Women are attracted to the meta-plot love story of a romance that spans the ages, as well as the eternally handsome Simon.
* Fantasy buffs will find an entirely new universe in which to immerse their imaginations, complete with its own rules of magic.
* Horror fans will delight in the gruesome demons that Simon’s foes summon against him.
* Fans of historical pieces and detailed settings will enjoy the different locales that Simon travels to, from ancient Rome to modern Detroit.
* Because Simon Magus is an actual Biblical figure and his quest revolves around eternal salvation, those in search of high quality entertainment with a Christian element will flock to it.
* The theme of seeking atonement for past sins is a concept that people of all ages and groups can connect with.
There is so much more though! Due to the mechanics of “TGoSM”, this tent-pole franchise offers unique opportunities across a wide spectrum of entertainment professions.
If you are an Actor:
Simon Magus ages naturally and is reborn as an infant every 100 years.
Simon’s former followers, The Thirty, reverse the aging process by drinking either his blood or the blood of his oldest heir. When denied this resource, they age naturally.
So no matter your actual age, you can always star in a prequel. It is very easy to structure a script for “TGoSM” that explains the character’s current chronology.
If you are a Director:
“TGoSM” is not only a fantastic epic of adventure, but one that shares the spotlight equally with FX and reflections on the nature of life, love, and morality. Whether you want your next project to be a drama, romance, or action piece you can have it all!
If you are a Producer or Venture Capitalist:
“TGoSM” is ripe for not only prequels and sequels, but could easily be translated to television, graphic novels, literature, the possibilities are nearly infinite!
Regardless of your own role within the arts, we all understand how lucrative merchandising is for a successful property. To name just a few possibilities:
* Comic books or graphic novels set in any time period from 1 A.D. to the far future (Hey, it might take Simon a long time to dispatch all of his disciples!)
* Simon Magus dolls with outfits dating from the time of the Caesars to medieval Europe to modern day.
* Thirty separate and unique villains, each with their own mystical power, would likewise be highly sought after action figures.
* Video games.
“The Gospel of Simon Magus” is the next amazing franchise opportunity in the vein of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or James Bond. Numerous industry insiders have lauded its merit. Now is your chance to get in on the ground floor, don’t let it pass you by!
Still not convinced? That is understandable. Why not read the script for yourself and decide? Once you do, I know you will be as excited about “The Gospel of Simon Magus” as those who have already discovered it for themselves. Feel free to write me at email@example.com for your personal copy of the script or synopsis.
Thank you and have a magical day!
Michael G. McLarty